Today I made this Paleo Instant Pot Mexi-Meatloaf and it was a really nice twist on regular meatloaf, which I also love. This recipe could easily be made into meatballs too, so if that suits your fancy, then get on it!
Paleo Instant Pot Mexi-Meatloaf
All this Instantpotting (that’s a thing right?) has got me all excited. I bought mine about 7 months ago and definitely dove into all the possibilities after I got past the fear factor that I would blow up the house.
In fact, the first few times I used my Instant Pot , I actually made the kids leave the kitchen and I ran out of the kitchen as soon as I pressed the start button.
I was skeered.
But once I realized how easy this thing was, I got pretty pumped about all the possibilities. If you haven’t seen my round up of over 20+ Instant Pot  recipes, you definitely need to check it out here . I will continue to add to it as I make more and more yums to put there.
You can likely shorten the cooking time in the Instant Pot if you are making meatballs since they will be much less dense than a loaf. Other than that, the same ingredient quantities should work!!!Print 
Paleo INSTANT POT MEXI-MEATLOAF
- 2 pounds ground grass-fed beef
- 1 cup fire roasted salsa, plus 1/4 cup divided (you can also use homemade here)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 pastured egg
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch, arrowroot, or cassava flour 
- 1 tablespoon ghee, avocado oil, or olive oil
- Pour a cup of water into the stainless steel bowl of your Instant Pot. Now combine all ingredients in a bowl, mixing together well by hand (reserving 1/4 cup of the salsa). Form a loaf with your meat mixture, pressing it together firmly. Spoon the 1/4 cup of remaining fire roasted salsa on top of your meatloaf. Now wrap it tightly in foil. Place the foil wrapped meatloaf on the trivet.
- Close the lid and select the Pressure Cook/Manual button, using the +/- buttons to adjust the time until 35 minutes is displayed.
- Ensure the pressure valve is closed and wait until the cook time has completed before quick releasing the pressure valve. Open the lid when safe to do so and carefully remove your meatloaf. Serve with fresh cilantro sprigs and if you desire a cheesy garnish, be sure to drizzle my QUESO BLANCO  sauce for added deliciousness