This Paleo BBQ Ranch Meatloaf is so full of flavor, you’ll be scrambling for your next bite before you finish your last!
Too soon for another meatloaf recipe?! (Say no). Ok good! Because this one is something I have wanted to share since I got my new Party Pack from Primal Palate! Growing up, my mom made meatloaf with a certain dried soup packet, which was incredibly delicious and I believe was equal parts MSG and corn syrup. I mean it tasted like home, because that’s what I grew up eating, but it’s not really what I’d call “clean.”
Fast forward 30 years and I’m still a giant meatloaf fan, if there ever was one, but I try to shake things up a little bit. I have several meatloaf recipes including THIS one that makes gravy, mashed potatoes, AND meatloaf ALL in the Instant Pot. And I’ve got THIS one in my Paleo Kids Cookbook that has a tangy tomato sauce and crispy fried onions on top! I’m convinced fried onions can make a meatloaf lover out of anyone! I’ve also got THIS one that has a Tex-Mex spin and is perfect for any week night meal.
Today I am recovering from a whirlwind of travel including 6 trips to Chicago since January, a trip to Florida this past week, and a full bodied school year of trying to keep 3 kids’ schedules balanced alongside my own pile of OMG WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE.
Since we’ve been on the road this past week, I definitely wanted to focus on making some homemade meals but also don’t have a ton of time since I am playing catch up too! I tried to grab some ingredients from the store that would ensure I made some scratch meals instead of convenience items, and today’s first recipe is this Paleo BBQ Ranch Meatloaf! I used a packet of Primal Palate’s Ranch Seasoning from their New Party Pack, and topped it with the BBQ sauce from Down South Paleo. Of course you could use any BBQ sauce recipe (or clean store bought product) and it should work nicely! And for those of you without an Instant Pot, this one is made the old fashioned way, just like my Mom made, but without the MSG!
Paleo BBQ Ranch Meatloaf
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 packet Primal Palate Ranch seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped steamed carrots (you want them partially cooked prior to baking or they will be crunchy)
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/2 cup dairy free milk (like flax, hemp, or almond)
- 1/2 cup or more Down South Paleo or other preferred BBQ sauce
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl except for the BBQ sauce
- Mix them well by hand, incorporating the seasoning blend throughout, then form it into a loaf shape in a greased casserole dish or loaf pan
- Spoon the BBQ sauce on top of the meatloaf, spreading it around
- Bake the meatloaf for an hour or until it is completely cooked through and no longer pink in the center
- Serve with additional BBQ sauce if desired and crispy onions if you can’t live without them (I can’t)