If there is one recipe to make in your Instant Pot from my new book, Affordable Paleo Cooking with Your Instant Pot, this is it – my new favorite! Dinner is done with these Instant Pot Paleo Egg Roll Meatballs!
Wow, what a book launch! Per usual, there is always a lot of excitement and enthusiasm. My favorite part is watching all of you receive your copies after the anticipation and the long wait leading up to the release. If I’m totally transparent, book writing is hard. And sometimes there is very little reward, so the best part of the whole process, the most amazing “payout” is truly seeing you receive the books, crack them open, tag the recipes you look forward to trying most, and then post your meals! It is pretty amazing actually to bring enjoyment and health to others, so after all is said and done, THAT is why I’ve written these 5 books in 3 years, despite the challenges, push back, and stress that comes with this work
I am extra excited to share this recipe for the Instant Pot Paleo Egg Roll Meatballs from my book because 1. they are a dish that pretty much anyone will enjoy, 2. they are cost effective, 3. they are super simple, because Instant Pot, and 4. they are freakin’ delicious y’all!!!
The sauce you see on top is actually what’s left behind after you cook the meatballs! You just use an immersion blender and give the liquid a quick zhuzsh and then drizzle on top!
I want you to enjoy this recipe, and also allow me to send a big hearty thank you for supporting my work, for always coming back for more, and for creating a sense of community that feels like home.Print
Instant Pot Paleo Egg Roll Meatballs
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon white pepper (omit for AIP)
- 2 tablespoons grass fed gelatin (not collagen)
- ⅓ cup olive or avocado oil
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- ¾ cup beef broth
- Begin by mixing the pork, carrots, onion, onion powder, garlic powder, ground ginger and white pepper in a mixing bowl. Use your hands to mix the ingredients and then sprinkle the gelatin throughout the mixture, making sure to distribute it evenly or it will clump.
- Now drizzle your cooking oil into the Instant Pot bowl and press the Saute button. While the oil heats, form 1-2” meatballs with your meat mixture and then gently place them into the hot oil. You’ll saute them on all sides until they begin to brown. Shift them regularly or they may stick.
- Once your meatballs are browned, press the Keep Warm/Cancel button and then pour in the broth and coconut aminos. Secure the lid and press the Pressure Cook/Manual button. Now use the +/- buttons to adjust the time until 5 minutes is displayed.
- Allow the cooking cycle to complete and then quick release the pressure valve and remove the lid once safe to do so. Use a slotted spoon or skimmer to remove the meatballs and set them aside. What’s left in the Instant Pot is your sauce. You’ll want to use an immersion blender to give it a quick once over so that any bits left behind from the meatballs get blended into the sauce.
- Note: some of the gelatin sneaks out of the meatballs during cooking and helps create the thickness of the sauce. This also means that it will congeal and harden as it cools. You’ll want to serve it warmed or if making ahead, you’ll need to reheat the congealed sauce.