Instant Pot Paleo Chicken Marsala is the perfect weeknight meal when you are short on time but don’t want to sacrifice taste or health!
We’re not homeless anymore! We have made the trek from DC to Illinois, waited a painful few weeks for our delayed moving truck, and ate too many meals outside of a home kitchen. I have such a love/hate relationship with dining out – I love not having to do the work but there’s always a trade for that; unsavory ingredients, cross contamination, and in general poor quality at most restaurants. So you can imagine my excitement when I finally got my kitchen stuff back!
Oh sweet Vitamix, Instant Pot, COFFEE MAKER! It’s obviously taken me awhile to get situated even with my stuff as indicated by yesterday’s coffee SNAFU, but now we are on track and this caffeinated chick is ready to cook! I asked y’all what I should make and got some excellent ideas! More of those will start popping up in the next weeks, but in the meantime, I got the “quick dinner”, “more chicken”, and “Instant Pot” voters, so I figured I’d killed all 3 birds (poor birds), and get this Instant Pot Paleo Chicken Marsala recipe to you!
I served it over gluten free noodles for my kids, of course you could also do mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, broccoli, or cassava noodles! And for funsies, I tried my hand at a video tutorial too so you can watch that too if you’re extra bored with too much time on your hands. In the meantime, here’s the recipe and my hopes that your weeknight dinners (especially as we head back to school) are less nightmarish and more delicious!Print
Instant Pot Paleo Chicken Marsala
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Cuisine: Instant Pot Main Course
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 20 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds chicken, chopped
- 1/2 cup marsala wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cassava flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- Optional: 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Press the “Saute” feature on your Instant Pot
- Pour in the avocado and let sit for a moment
- Introduce your onion to the hot oil and stir for a few minutes
- Now add in your mushrooms and stir again
- Let the mushrooms and onions cook for around 5-8 minutes to cook some of the water off and allow them to start browning
- Next add in your sea salt, parsley, garlic and pepper
- Stir again to incorporate your seasonings then add in the chopped chicken
- Now pour in chicken broth and marsala wine
- Stir just briefly and secure the lid to your Instant Pot and close the pressure valve
- Press the “Keep Warm/Cancel” button then press the “Manual” button
- Arrow up or down until the number 8 is displayed
- Allow the cooking cycle to complete then quick release the pressure
- In the meantime prepare your slurry by stirring together your cassava flour and water and setting it aside
- Spoon in your slurry once you’ve removed the lid and stir to combine
- Now, if desired, incorporate the Worcestershire sauce
- Stir once more and then serve over your choice of starch or veggie
Do you add the chicken broth & wine when you add the chicken? Is my poor mommy brain missing this step? TIA!
I like spiralized sweet potatoes or butternut squash as an alternative to any pasta
If not using instant pot brand pressure cooker what would be the length of time you would cook once lid locked?
8 minutes on high pressure
Can I use all broth instead of marsala wine and arrowroot over cassava?
Yes you can do that!
Colleen Olsen says
Should it be 2 T water and 1T cassava flour? 2T cassava and 1 T Water did not make a slurry.