Chicken Yum Yum
You know how to tell when my brain is so full that I can’t possibly generate anything sensible? It’s when I come up with names like Chicken Yum Yum. That’s how. Y’all, seriously. It’s bad. And by bad I mean GOOD! But also bad, because when I get in my work zone like this it means two things: 1. Something really neato is in the works. 2. I miss out on all the fun with you! Ugh!
In just a couple short weeks, Paleo Kids Cookbook  is releasing and will be in your hot little hands. I’ve been super excited about its launch and working on a new business just as exciting that I hope I can tell you about around that time too! On top of that I’ve been working on all the better beauty stuff (and LOVING it) with Beautycounter , Crunchi , and 100% Pure  (I’m feeling really good about the fact that I am finally not putting so much caca doody on my skin)!
And then on top of THAT, I’m getting the kids ready for school -but not before a surprise getaway to the beach for 2 days this week, which was wonderful! In the midst of all this hubbub, I have not been blogging much. It’s always nice to take a little break and pursue other things but then again, blogging is how it all started! It was 3 years ago when I was stashing my recipes and chronicling them online so I basically had an online filing cabinet, and never imagined sharing them with the world. Now here we are two and a half years after I took this puppy public, and it’s a little sad when I don’t spend as much time on here!
So tonight when my husband pulled frozen chicken thighs out of the freezer and said, “Can THESE go in the Instant Pot ?” I said “YEP! They sure can!” It was then that I literally tossed them in with a bunch of other saucy stuff and crossed my fingers. I told my family, including my visiting mom, that dinner might really suck. Honestly, I said that.
But my hope was it would turn out so I could blog a new recipe! Imagine our surprise when dinner didn’t suck AND tasted REALLY REALLY GOOD! You win some, you lose some but tonight we won. Unfortunately I used up all my creativity on the recipe, so you’re left with Chicken Yum Yum as the title. But at least it doesn’t suck…right?! PS this recipe isn’t in my Instant Pot cookbook  but don’t miss out on that one if you haven’t preordered!:
Instant Pot Chicken Yum Yum
- 2 pounds boneless chicken thighs (frozen or fresh)
- 3 tablespoons homemade or high quality store-bought ketchup
- 1.5 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder (or minced)
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons gluten free organic tamari or 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup local honey
- Place all ingredients in your Instant Pot
- Stir to combine and coat the chicken
- Secure the lid, close the pressure valve and press “Manual”
- If using frozen chicken, press the “+” button until 40 is displayed
- If using fresh chicken, press the “-” button until 18 minutes is displayed (this could vary slightly)
- Allow the chicken to cook then quick release the pressure valve once complete
- Remove the lid when safe to do so and shred the chicken slightly with two forks (this is a suggestion not a requirement)
- Now remove the chicken from the stainless steel basin and press the “Cancel” button followed by pressing the “Saute” button
- Allow the sauce to reduce by allowing it to saute for 5 minutes
- Serve over vegetable of your choice, we ate ours on roasted cauliflower. Or if you can eat rice, do it up starchy style!