Chicken, veggies, and rice, barely prepped and tossed in one dish. This Instant Pot  Chicken and Rice Casserole is the definition of easy.
I’m pretending like the 4 degree drop in temps is Fall and rolling out the comfort food. Nevermind that it’s still sunny and 80’s, it feels good and I’m not complaining. Nope. Not.
But today I just craved something healthy and comforting after a little too much eating out and indulging. Simple. Needed it. Funny how sometimes we just need to revert back to a little less creative.
Don’t mistake simple for flavorless, my friends. There is nothing I hate more than bland, dried out chicken. Well, that’s not true, but I won’t get into that here.
So the good news is, you probably have all these ingredients in your fridge, freezer, and pantry. Seriously. It’s that kind of recipe – the one you can make on the fly when you forget that you had to make actual dinner (even though you make it every other day of the week).
The alternative is everyone eats cereal, and believe me, I get that. But what if you could actually make a balance meal with as much effort as pouring a bowl of processed garbage trash? That’s where I come in.
So forget about dinner one night and then do the googles, and hopefully you land on this recipe, because it will save your lazy a$$ in ways you never knew existed. Oh and PS, I don’t think we need to have the cauli rice discussion YET AGAIN here, but just in case, DO NOT. NO. DON’T.
Want more recipes like these? You can find LOADS of Instant Pot recipes on the blog HERE  or you can buy either of my Instant Pot cookbooks, Affordable Paleo Cooking with Your Instant Pot  or my first IP book, Paleo Cooking with Your Instant Pot .
Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Casserole
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cut into large-ish bite sized chunks
- 3 large carrots cut into large pieces
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 2 cups basmati rice (yes actual rice made of rice)
- 3 cups chicken broth 
- 1 teaspoon garlic sea salt or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Place all ingredients into the stainless steel bowl of your Instant Pot
- Stir to combine then secure the lid
- Press the “Rice” Setting and allow to cook for 11 or 12 minutes on high
- Quick release the pressure valve once cooking is complete
- Remove lid and serve right away