i used to buy one bag of these skinny green beans when i went to the store and inevitably ran out every time i made them. they are good enough to make a two-year-old climb across the table to steal them off my plate…true story. so i started buying TWO batches in order to accommodate my little bean lovers.
- 1 (or 2) pre-trimmed bunch/bag/batch of haricot vert
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter (or regular if you use dairy)
- 1 small onion (or 1 large if you double recipe and use 2 bags green beans)
- garlic salt
- fresh ground pepper
- steam green beans in microwave or on stovetop until slightly tender
- while steaming, dice onion
- strain green beans and place them into large skillet with butter over low-medium heat
- add onion and cover for 5 minutes
- lift cover and stir contents so that they do not burn (i like mine browned but not burned)
- continue to cook until desired color/texture is achieved, adding garlic salt and pepper towards the end (approximately 10-12 minutes total skillet time, depending on level of heat)
are those your meatballs on top?
predominantly paleo says