Leave the prunes for when you’re backed up, these Grain Free S’Mores Hamantaschen are way more delicious!
Are you celebrating Purim this year? Chances are you have no clue what it even is, but that’s ok! You can still enjoy making these delicious Hamantaschen.
Purim is a Jewish holiday that celebrates saving the Jewish people from Haman who planned to kill them all in the empire. But you know my people are all about the survival and fighting back and flourishing, so we called bullshit on that and threw a big costume party instead. Or something like that.
Hamantaschen have mixed feedback on what their actual meaning is: derived from the words mohn (poppy seed) and tash (pocket), they morphed into hamantaschen because Jews like puns and we’re typically pretty hilarious. Others say that they are shaped triangularly to look like Haman’s ears or his hat, but ultimately we don’t really care because we just want dessert.
My version here  turned hamantaschen into tacos because this Jew is also a native Texan. But today’s variety goes the traditional route (sweet) while jazzing them up a bit, because chocolate > prunes and poppy seeds. You can fight me on that.
But for real, let’s save the fighting for more important things like whether or not potatoes are paleo and whether cauliflower makes good rice. Hamantaschen are for eating, not fighting. So let’s do that.Print 
Grain Free S’Mores Hamantaschen
- 1 bag Legit Bread Company Pie Crust by Back Porch Paleo 
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup softened shortening or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- flaky sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Follow the directions on the bag to mix the pie crust ingredients together
- YOU WILL BE MAKING HALF THE BAG or you can double it by doubling the ingredients called for above and using the entire bag
- Once you have a ball of dough, divide it into 5 pieces
- Roll them into 3″ circles and fold up the 3 sides to make a triangle (see images below)
- Once you have a triangle of dough, fill the center with chocolate chips and mini marshmallows
- Repeat until all of the dough is used and bake them for 12 minutes on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with melted chocolate if desired