Bake ahead and grab a slice during busy mornings, this Gluten Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bread is a great protein-packed snack on the go!
Ok, I’m on a kick, bear with me. But I’m really enjoying finding ways to sneak in extra protein to hit personal nutritional goals and this was just too fun to make. Let me preface by saying, making eggs and bacon first thing in the morning is fantastic, and on the weekends we have more leisure time to make a big animal-protein breakfast. But on school days, it always seems more difficult.
My kids tend to warm frozen GF chicken nuggets in the air fryer for breakfasts on school days. And when hungrier, they will heat a GF frozen chicken pot pie. I much prefer these options to sugary cereals and we aren’t militant about food around here regardless. But cooking from scratch is always a best bet as we all know. This recipe for the protein bread came as an idea since I am really trying to hit near 100g a day. I have been experimenting with ways to sneak more protein in like in this salad dressing recipe and even adding collagen into my coffee which I’ve been doing for years.
I also realize that I will forever be a meat eater and that I do not feel my best on plant protein alone, but that a combination of the two really helps me hit my goals and feel my best. Added to that, sometimes we prefer an option that feels more “bready” and I wanted to create something that wouldn’t cause a carb crash simultaneously. This bread does have some chocolate chips and maple syrup, but it also packs a whopping 16g of protein per slice (8 slices per loaf). That’s equal to almost 3 eggs! Let me know what you think, I’m excited for the kids to have this option… ok and maybe me too.
Gluten Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bread
- 3/4 cup cassava flour
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 scoops Collagen peptides
- 2 scoops Plant Protein
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons corn-free baking powder
- 1 cup peanut butter (or preferred nut butter)
- 2/3 cup dairy free milk
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- PLEASE NOTE: THIS BREAD IS NOT SUPER SWEET. THIS WAS INTENTIONAL SO YOU COULD ADD A SWEETENED SPREAD, OR AVOID EXCESS SWEETENER. Please adjust as desired.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and then transfer to an 8×4 loaf tin
- Bake for around an hour or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean
- Allow to cool, then slice and top with your favorite spread or butter!