Take 3 of my Quick n Dirty series brings you the Easiest Pizza Shakshuka. In minutes you’ll be pulling a hot, bubbly meal everyone will love.
I’ve had the best time dreaming up hands-free (err almost) meals that anyone can make on busy and/or lazy nights. Let’s face it, if we aren’t burned out from cooking, we are at least a little uninspired every now and then. I know I’ve been in many a slump myself.
But this challenge gives me something to give me a lil kick in the pants and in doing so, you get some new creations too! Oh and don’t forget to check the video HERE )
Now, onto some of the feedback I received after posting it last night…
- Cheese isn’t paleo
- I’m uncomfortable putting raw bacon on top and believing it will be cooked through
- I don’t love the idea of tomato sauce and eggs
So let’s break these down for funsies.
- No shit, I never said it was (do we seriously need to review “predominantly” yet again?)
- You can absolutely used cooked bacon, pepperoni, or cooked sausage crumbles if you want. But keep in mind this will bake for 8 minutes at 375 and then broil at 550 for another 8 minutes. Also we ate it last night and lived to tell the tale (and share the recipe) I’m pleased to announce
- I hear you. It doesn’t always feel like it makes sense but it’s delicious! If you’ve ever eaten migas or put salsa in your eggs, it’s like that a wee bit
Ok so let’s get after it. Grab your short list of ingredients and let’s do dinner.Print 
Easiest Pizza Shakshuka
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Pour pizza sauce into a small casserole dish (I used a cinnamon roll pan)
- Crack eggs carefully on top of sauce
- Place cheese cubes and bacon around the eggs (not on top)
- Sprinkle shredded cheese all over and top with the seasoning blend
- Bake for 8 minutes at 375F then BROIL for another 8 minutes or until your cheese is brown and bubbly
- Serve warm alone or with a grain free crusty bread