If you’re like me and feel like you could do better sneaking in an extra few veggies, these Air Fryer Mirepoix Veggie Bites are just the way!
It’s almost been a year with our beloved air fryer and one truth remains: we use this bad boy daily. YES DAILY! The kids make their own breakfast and whether it’s a slice of Legit Bread toasted up or gluten free frozen chicken nuggets brought back to life on the air fryer setting, it is a love/love relationship. Like truly. Even Stacy and her fam from Real Everything fell in love during their visit over the Summer enough to get their own for back home! It really does earn its keep and I can’t say enough great things. PS if you haven’t read my review on our AIR FRYER choice and why we love it, be sure to go HERE!
Ok, now moving onto my latest recipe. I talk often about how I’m not the best when it comes to making sure we pack in the veggies every single day, and definitely fail at including them in every meal. I’m pretty great on the protein front, and excellent in carb loading <LOL>, but the veggies can always use a little improvement. BUT THAT’S OK! We are all works in progress and there’s no sense in beating ourselves up. Instead, let’s just create a few more veggie recipes, or at least recipes where I sneak veggies in! Kids love those even more!
So today I was thinking about how much I love soup and that part of why I love it is the mirepoix base and how that makes everything so flavorful and delicious. And then I thought, man, that would be a killer veggie side dish if it was basically mirepoix but with a little extra something. And that’s when it came to me: Air Fryer Mirepoix Veggie Bites! All the things we love and even better, I used frozen mirepoix (fresh would work too) and these were ready in a snap. I did saute everything first because we know that’s where the goodness comes in, but even with a 2 step process, these were quick! Oh and I snuck a mashed sweet potato in there too so booyah! So delicious. I served them with my Dairy Free Ranch and pretty much won this Monday like a boss b*tch! Woot!Print
Air Fryer Mirepoix Veggie Bites
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 20 ounces mirepoix (fresh or frozen)
- 1 medium sweet potato, mashed
- 1/2 cup cassava flour (I would not sub tapioca flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat and add your mirepoix mixture in
- Saute for around 8-10 minutes or until the veggies soften and start to brown slightly
- Add in your seasonings and then incorporate the sweet potato into the mixture while still in the skillet
- Transfer the contents into a mixing bowl, and slowly add in the cassava flour and then the coconut aminos
- Make sure all the ingredients are mixed in evenly and once cool enough to touch, make 1″ balls or use a cookie scoop if you want a more textured veggie bite
- Align the veggie bites on your greased air fryer tray and then cook at 300F for 12 minutes
- When the timer goes off, shift the veggie bites and air fry again for 10 minutes at 300F
- Serve warm with my dairy free ranch or preferred dipping sauce