Pizza in the air fryer? You bet! This Air Fryer Grain Free Pizza is crispy, chewy, and comes out perfect in 15 minutes!
So yesterday I was making pizza from my bagel mix, as any normal human would do, and I had this idea. A genius idea if I do say so myself. What if I made this delicious pizza in the air fryer!? Right? Like why would we not is really the better question here.
Now when it comes to pizza, I can equally live in all 3 camps – 1. thin, crispy, and chewy, 2. deep dish Chicago style, or 3. New York style. I mean they all have their delicious qualities and if the crust is done right, the sauce isn’t too thick and gloppy, and the cheese is perfect, who am I to judge? But if I’m going for a basic weeknight pizza, I’m going for thin crust and I think I’ve mastered the easiest, most delicious way. Oh, and might I add, this is egg free too!
Now onto some questions that will likely be asked:
- Did you use real cheese? Yes partially. I used some plant based cheese mixed in. Feel free to do you boo.
- Can I make the bagel mix/pizza dough yeast free? I wouldn’t recommend it unless you are adding an egg and if you do that you’ll need to change the amounts of liquid and that’s too much math for me so you’re on your own.
- Did you make your pizza sauce from scratch? Hail no. I just used jarred organic pizza sauce. Cut me some slack.
- Do you have a favorite air fryer and if so which one? You know I do! I even wrote about it HERE. I love it so much I even make hard boiled eggs in it.
I loved that this came together so fast and much quicker than regular oven pizza. I made 2 crusts/pizzas, each measuring 11″ x 10″ and it was plenty for my family of 5. Can’t wait to see your versions, tag me when you make them!Print
Air Fryer Grain Free Pizza
- 1 bag Legit Bread Company Allergen Friendly Bagel Mix (or the regular Legit Bread Company bagel mix)
- 2 packets quick acting yeast
- 1.25 cups water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 jar pizza sauce
- 1 bag vegan or dairy shredded cheese (I used a combo of cheddar, plant based mozzarella, and parmesan)
- Other preferred pizza toppings… go crazy
- Combine water and maple syrup. Warm it to approximately 100F and then add in your yeast
- Stir well and set aside to bloom. If your yeast does not bubble and froth it’s dead. Toss it and start over
- Once your yeast is bloomed, around 10 minutes, add it to a mixing bowl with your bagel mix
- Stir to combine
- Now press out 1/2 the dough mixture onto a piece of parchment paper measuring around 11×10″. This is so the dough does not fall apart during the first phase of air frying
- Transfer the dough and parchment onto the air fryer basket. Air fry for 7 minutes at 350F
- Remove the air fryer basket and pan and then remove the parchment paper from under the pizza crust
- Top the crust with pizza sauce, cheese, and preferred toppings and return it to the air fryer for another 8 minutes at 350F
- Remove once baked and repeat with second half of the unused pizza dough