Truth be told, I needed a really simple recipe today. Somehow I managed to throw my back out at the pool today and while I was DYING to escape into the kitchen and make something ornate and involved, I can barely stand. NOT the way I wanted to spend today. But alas, I started thinking about something fun for the kids, easy on me, that I could whip up in about 5 minutes before I collapsed from pain.
I know it sounds like a sob story, but to be honest, something really great came out of it!!! In just about 5 minutes, I combined 5 ingredients and had a delicious whole food treat for my kids that literally is both well suited for the Autoimmune Protocol as well as being Top 8 Allergen Free AND Vegan. With so many restrictive diets met, it was a very exciting recipe to stumble upon! And also a great reminder that sometimes great things come from challenging days! Enjoy y’all!
- 1 can full fat organic coconut milk (or about 14 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon pure carob powder
- 1-2 tablespoons 100% maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon water chestnut flour
- In a medium sized saucepan, combine all ingredients
- Bring to a boil, whisking continuously for about 5 minutes or until pudding starts to thicken
- Remove from heat and divide into 4 servings once desired consistency is met
- Allow to cool just slightly – pudding will “set” at room temperature without refrigeration!!
- Note: If you tolerate chocolate (not AIP) you may substitute cocoa powder
- Note 2: Freeze these in popsicle molds to make pudding pops!
- Note 3: Water chestnut flour can be found in Asian Markets – if you have one near you go there first!