I am a bonafide snacker. I am neither ashamed nor embarrassed by this fact. I love to nosh and find that it helps keep me from turning into a total beast at meal time. I used to snack on *cough* crackers, goldfish, you know, all the stuff that would send me running for cover now.
I posted my recipe for nutty kale chips awhile back and they certainly satisfy the snack urge. I wanted to try another yummy snack idea with a different set of nutrients. Cue TURNIPS! Surely turnips can be made into chips, right? Of course they can! And they were.
- 1 large turnip, cleaned and peeled
- Seasoning of your choice: I used garlic sea salt on one batch and cajun seasoning (omit for aip) on another
- Avocado oil for frying
- Heat oil over medium/high heat
- Using a mandolin slice into thin rounds; this can also be done by hand using a knife
- In small batches, fry the turnip slices until nice and brown on both sides
- Remove from oil and place on towel lined plate
- While still hot sprinkle with desired seasoning