Instant Pot Paleo Hamburger Soup
Oh man, the back to schooling is equal parts “Whew” and “OMG”. On one hand it’s a relief to have a few moments in the day where I am not breaking up fights. On the other hand, we now enter the “Hurry, rush, did you get your homework/lunchbox/project” phase of the year. Add in the gymnastics team practices and Girl/Boy Scouts and it’s enough to make your head spin.
In other words – DINNER NEEDS TO BE REALLY FREAKIN’ SIMPLE. Don’t have kids? No problem. You get to benefit from my mayhem and get a quick healthy dinner in your bod, so errbody wins, see? So where were we… oh yes, healthy, simple dinner. I made this Instant Pot Paleo Hamburger Soup tonight when I realized that the chaos was about to ensue and that I needed to get my ish together fast.
Just a few minutes of prep and the Instant Pot does the rest, thanks golly. I threw the potatoes in whole so I didn’t have to do any extra work than absolutely necessary and then used a potato masher to break them up after the cooking cycle had completed. Worked like a charm and made for a great thickener for my soup!
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 pound grass fed ground beef
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 2 tablespoons Primal Palate Meat + Potatoes Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 4 cups beef broth (organic store bought or homemade)
- 5 medium Yukon Gold potatoes (whole
- Press the "Saute" function on your Instant Pot and drizzle in the avocado oil and onion
- Allow the onions to cook for around 5-8 minutes, shifting them around so that they do not burn
- Add in the ground beef and break it up a bit with a spatula
- Pour in the broth, add the seasonings and carrots and whole potatoes
- Secure the lid and press the "Keep Warm/Cancel" button
- Now press the "Soup" button and close the pressure valve
- Allow the cooking cycle to complete and then quick release the pressure
- Open the lid when safe to do so and use a potato masher to break up the potatoes until they are made into small chunks