Have you seriously looked at what’s in a Shamrock Shake? I mean I know it’s not supposed to be health food and all, coming from a fast food joint, but eeks! That’s some scary business right there. Luckily if you happen to be a fan of the minty treat, here is a stand in that is a taste good AND feel good delight.
First this, I mean, seriously?! And this doesn’t even mention the 115 grams of sugar in a large shake. ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN. You realize we are in trouble when 1 “snack/treat” has a full daily allowance of sugars and they aren’t even fruit based. I try not to get all riled up but we wonder what’s happening in America with the chronic disease, Type II diabetes, heart disease, obesity and then you look at this. Sorry to be such a downer but man oh man, this is not good. I’m all for a treat but we can do so much better!
- 2/3 cup light coconut milk (canned)
- 2/3 cup flax milk
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 individual packets stevia, 1 tablespoon maple or honey
- 8 large ice cubes (or more if you prefer)
- Take all ingredients and blend in a blender (I used a Nutribullet)
- Can it get much easier? (or healthier for that matter!)