This last week, Spring is threatening to actually make an appearance (minus the snow), and I have been wanting light yummy foods. Don’t get me wrong, I still need soup through an IV, but the idea of salads and fresh raw foods has been calling my name.
This 5 minute guacamole has literally been lunch for my 3-year-old and I this week…TWICE. It is so good, so simple, and filling yet light. The prep time is minimal, hence the name, and served with plantain chips, you won’t miss yucky corn a bit. So grab the ingredients, and go to town!
- 2 medium sized avocados, scooped and pitted
- 1/2 a small onion diced (I used red because I LOVE strong onions)
- 1 handful chopped cilantro
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 vine ripened tomato diced
- 1 jalapeno diced (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground garlic sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Combine all ingredients and coarsely mash, texture should be chunky not completely blended
- Serve with plantain chips right away
- To store in fridge, keep an avocado pit in the guacamole and squeeze a little extra lime juice to prevent browning